Monday, December 31, 2012

What I Learned This Year, a half-ass and merely partial list


:: It's always worth it to go to Knit Night :: That TV show Revenge is super addictive (I blame it on being a Scorpio) :: New year's superstitions - don't take anything out of the house on New Year's Day, or do any washing or pay bills, lest money and loved ones be washed away in the coming year :: Myers Briggs will get scientists talking about things they would never talk about otherwise (the power of metrics) :: I'm capable of knitting a whole, complicated sweater that I will actually wear :: I love Nora Ephron :: Planning meals three months ahead is actually kind of nice :: I need to make NYC trips just happen :: In start-up biotech, 80 souls is too many for 1.25 HR people :: Sometimes forgiveness just arrives, without any effort from me :: Two small turkeys for Thanksgiving is worth considering :: I love growing artichokes :: Plant way more asparagus crowns than you think you'll need :: Permaculture is a form of faith :: Moby Dick is not as fun to read as Tolstoy, for me at least :: How to make apple cider caramels :: 

2 comments:

alexandria said...

What an excellent list. I'm so glad you shared. Happy New Year!

Barb said...

An excellent list! And what a great way to look back on a year. I've just been focusing on how I can't wait for it to be over so I can start with a clean slate. Maybe I need to look back and look at what I learned. But my list would be extremely boring in comparison. Although I love the forgiveness lesson. I seem to re-learn that one every year.